For more COVID-19 updates, scroll down to the Latest Updates section.
Following is important information about our response to COVID-19. It is updated regularly and if you are searching for information not found here, contact us. Details about how to connect with us and receive updates is included below.
- Visiting: All our communities comply with Public Health directives for visiting. Please check with your location for information on the status of visits. Contact information for all our communities can be found here: can be found here.
- Employee Screening Protocol Updated: All Shannex, Parkland and Faubourg team members participate in screening protocols before entering the workplace. These are consistent with directives issued by provincial public health bodies. This includes temperature checks of employees upon arrival for their scheduled shifts and employees are required to enter their location via a designated entry point.
- Staying Active and Connected: We continue to encourage residents to stay active while also respecting physical distancing principles. Staying connected with loved ones is also very important, especially during uncertain times. All communities have programs in place to help families connect with loved ones through video calls, telephone calls, email, or deliveries.
- Deliveries: As part of our evolving response, we monitor and control deliveries closely to ensure we are following best infection control practices and protecting residents and team members. For details about how to arrange a delivery at your location, please contact a member of the management team.
- Dining: Dining rooms and meal service have been adapted if needed to ensure physical distancing standards that comply with public health directives.
- Cleaning: Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols continue.
- Site Communications Updates: Each community is sending regular site communications updates to residents and families. If you are not currently receiving these messages, please contact your community directly to be added to their email distribution list.
- June 16, 2021 – COVID-19 Community Report: Nova Scotia as of June 16, 6:30 p.m.
- May 11, 2021 – COVID-19 Community Report: Ontario as of May 11, 7:30 p.m.
- February 16, 2021 – COVID-19 Community Report: New Brunswick as of February 16, 4:30 p.m.
- December 19, 2020 – Shannex Losier Hall Resident is First New Brunswicker to Receive Vaccine
- December 17, 2020 – COVID-19 Update – Decommissioning of the Cohorting Area at Tucker Hall, Parkland Saint John
- December 16, 2020 – First Shannex employees receive COVID-19 Vaccine in Nova Scotia
- December 15, 2020 – Six Residents of Tucker Hall in Saint John Now Recovered From COVID-19
- November 23, 2020 – Active High Alert Areas – Updated November 23, 2020
- November 20, 2020 – Active High Alert Areas – Updated November 20, 2020
- November 20, 2020 – Second Wave Response: High Alert Areas
- November 19, 2020 – A message to our valued community
- October 21, 2020 – COVID-19 Lessons Learned
- September 23, 2020 – Designated Support Persons
Information for Residents and Families
- Keeping Residents Engaged
- FAQ – General information about COVID-19
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Shannex Long Term Care community
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Parkland Retirement Living / Lifestyle Residences Community
- FAQ – What happens when a resident/employee tests positive for COVID-19
CLICK HERE to easily contact a specific Shannex, Parkland or Faubourg community.
For reliable information about COVID-19, we recommend the following: