March 28, 2020 – Positive Employee COVID-19 Case at Lewis Hall
All Shannex, Parkland and Faubourg communities are currently closed to visitors.
Our entire organization continues to be focused on implementing our pandemic plan, which is the result of expert contributions from all provinces where we operate. We took early concrete steps to protect our communities, but we understand the situation is evolving daily. Every day, teams from throughout the organization meet and use our plan to guide them as they continue work to ensure the safety of our communities.
Following is important information about steps we are taking in our communities in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic. It is updated regularly and if you are searching for information not found here, do not hesitate to contact us. Details about how to connect with us and receive updates is included below.
- Visitor Restrictions: We took early action to close our communities to visitors. All communities remain closed to visitors, with the exception of visits to residents receiving palliative care. If you or your loved one is in a situation where we must make an exception to this measure, you must be actively screened as per our active screening protocol. If you pass the active protocol, you must wear a mask at all times and must visit the resident only in their suite. All absolutely necessary vendors/contractors (care workers, etc.) must also be actively screened. If they pass active screening, they must wear a mask at all times.
- Employee Screening: We have implemented advanced screening protocols for all employees consistent with directives issued by provincial public health bodies.
- Social Distancing: While continuing to comply with all social distancing directives, we are working to increase recreation programming and staffing in order to offer more programs to keep residents engaged and active. All communities have programs in place to help families connect with loved ones through video calls, telephone calls, email or deliveries.
- Staying Connected: Staying connected with loved ones is very important, especially during uncertain times. Although visitors are not currently permitted, we are developing additional supports, including sending more iPads to communities, to help keep loved ones in touch. Recreation teams are checking in with residents daily and are happy to pass along messages, love and warm wishes.
- Keeping Active: We are in the process of increasing our recreation personnel, extending recreation hours and providing additional programming on evenings and weekends. Keeping active is important: we are encouraging residents to continue walking and staying physically active while also respecting social distancing principles.
- Deliveries: Although we are doing our best to limit deliveries, loved ones are welcome to drop off items for residents at (not inside) the front door. Please check with your community’s management team for more details.
- Dining: Dining rooms and meal service have been adapted to ensure social distancing standards. For our licensed long term care homes, some measures that have been taken include expanding the size of the dining room, distancing people sitting at a same table and temporarily scheduling two times for meal service. For retirement living communities, we are in the process of moving to a system of delivering meals to resident’s suites.
- Supplies: Our procurement team has secured additional medical and operational supplies at all locations.
- Food: Culinary teams have increased food supply at each location to ensure a month’s worth of food in case of delayed deliveries.
- Cleaning: We introduced increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols that will continue.
- Site Communications Updates: Each community is sending regular site communications updates to residents and families. If you are not currently receiving these messages, please contact your community directly to be added to their email distribution list.
For more details on the actions we have taken to take care of your loved ones, click here.
Information line: 1-877-541-0835
- March 28, 2020 – Positive Employee COVID-19 Case at Lewis Hall
- March 26, 2020 – Communities are sharing regular site level communications updates with their residents. Please contact your community if you are not currently receiving these messages.
- March 23, 2020 – An update to our valued community from Jason Shannon, President and COO
- March 19, 2020 – Keeping Residents Engaged
- March 17, 2020 – Frequently asked questions for residents and families
- March 17, 2020 – Bridgeview Hall Opening Delayed
- March 16, 2020 – An update to our valued community from Jason Shannon, President and COO
- March 15, 2020 – All Shannex, Parkland and Faubourg communities are currently closed to visitors
- March 13, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
- March 10, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
- March 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
Information for Residents and Families
- Keeping Residents Engaged
- FAQ – General information about COVID-19
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Shannex Long Term Care community
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Parkland Retirement Living / Lifestyle Residences Community
CLICK HERE to easily contact a specific Shannex, Parkland or Faubourg community.
For reliable information about COVID-19, we recommend the following: