Every fall, residents of Parkland in the Valley enjoy lively Tuesday mornings with grade three and five students from Quispamsis Elementary School. Students and residents get to know each other by reading together, playing show and tell and engaging in one-on-one interviews. To help everyone get acquainted, the first visit is a show and tell,…Read More
Parkstone Enhanced Care Actions Department of Health and Wellness Findings December 12, 2019 To our valued community, Following a lengthy investigation, the Department of Health and Wellness has released the details of its findings related to a complaint under the Protection for Persons in Care Act concerning the care of a young adult who lived…Read More
Please click here for more information about the current situation with Debert Court and Cedarstone Enhanced Care (Victoria Way).Read More
Lodged on Main Street inside the recently opened Losier Hall on Water Street in Miramichi, you will find a real gem called the Peabody Café, named after the late Francis Peabody, founder of Chatham, New Brunswick. There is something very unqiue about this little Café nestled in the heart of Miramichi. Being a part of…Read More
The holidays are a time to share joy with friends and family in places we call home. Unfortunately, many people don’t always have loved ones to share in these special times, but as part of our Shannex and Parkland families, we want to do our best to spread cheer and make their days a…Read More
Being transparent and accountable are values Shannex takes very seriously. With this in mind, we have been working hard to provide additional information on shannex.com around licensing inspections, our action plans and compliance. This past summer, additional tabs were created to share important information around entry to care and inspection reports. Building on this approach,…Read More
Military service runs through the veins of a family in the Colchester Cumberland region. The patriarch, Harold McNutt, who is a resident of Cedarstone Enhanced Care in Truro, is a WWII veteran and father. He has instilled a sense of duty and honour not only in military service but in giving back to your own…Read More
Every day, our team works hard to provide exceptional care to residents. It is inspiring to hear about how team members make a positive impact not just our resident’s lives but in those of their families as well. Thank you, Wentworth Court and every member of the Shannex family. This is the story of Blanche…Read More
Losier Hall is now open. Please note the following contact information for this location: Phone: 506-773-7275 Email: email@example.comRead More
At Shannex, we are committed to Leading the Way to Better Living, and part of this process requires continuous improvement. We are happy to share that we have taken steps to provide additional important information related to long term care to residents, family members and members of the public through this website. Now, when you…Read More
[:en]Thank you to everyone who participated in, donated to, or supported the Walk for Alzheimer’s events this year. This was our first year as presenting sponsor in New Brunswick and we continued the tradition of sponsoring the Nova Scotia walks as well.[:]Read More
[:en]This issue is full over beautiful photos and heartwarming stories about the Great People of Shannex. Clients, families and employees have been very busy over the spring being social, trying new things and celebrating each other.[:]Read More
For the last two years Brad Dykens, a CCA from Orchard Court, has led Team Shannex in participating in the Coldest Night of the Year, a fundraiser for hungry, homeless, and hurting individuals and families across Canada. The Shannex Team went above and beyond this year and exceeded their fundraising goal by raising approximately $4,000.…Read More
Today, February 22nd, Shannex employees are wearing pink shirts (or scrubs) in support of Pink Shirt Day. We know that bullying is not only a problem on school grounds—it happens around boardroom tables, in lunch rooms and in many social settings. Everyone deserves to be respected and we want everyone to feel safe, supported and…Read More
UPDATE: Please note that the 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. session has been rescheduled due to weather conditions. It will now take place on Wednesday, December 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Parkland at the Lakes – Phase 2 is excited to host a Job Fair on December 12, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to…Read More
[:en]Shannex is proud to be the premier sponsor for the Atlantic Canadian leg of Doctor Bill Thomas’ Age of Disruption Tour. One of the most innovative and creative thinkers working in medicine today, he will make a series of stops across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in June.[:]Read More
[:fr]Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en anglais. [:]Read More
[:en]Shannex has partnered with the Nova Scotia Health Authority to host a series of conversations that will give you the opportunity to share your opinions. Join us for Talk About Health[:]Read More
[:en]Clients and members of the public are invited to attend an important discussion about healthcare in Nova Scotia.[:fr]Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en anglais.[:]Read More
[:en]Nova Scotia is spending more and more money on health care, but Nova Scotians aren’t getting any healthier. This is a big challenge and the health system can’t solve this problem alone. We need your help![:fr]Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en anglais.[:]Read More
The theme of people coming together runs throughout this issue of Connections. Whether it’s Caritas Residence and Mount Saint Vincent University partnering to offer students volunteer opportunities, residents, team members and friends organizing cat therapy visits at Parkland Clayton Park or everyone at Debert Court focusing on safety and going a full year without a…Read More
[:en]Happy Fall! This is always a favourite time of year for many reasons, but this year it was made sweeter by some of the exciting things going on at our Shannex, Parkland and Faubourg communities. Read all about it in the Fall Edition of Connections. [:]Read More
[:en]I think we can all agree that summer is a pretty great time of year no matter where you are. But the slower summer pace doesn’t affect activities at Shannex, Parkland or Faubourg communities. And the proof is in the pages of this issue of Connections.[:]Read More
[:en]Every year, this issue of Connections comes with warmer weather, spring blooms and time outside enjoying fresh air and sunshine.[:]Read More
[:en]We are pleased to share the winter issue of Connections! The stories it contains shine a bright light on the deep sense of community that exists at every one of our Shannex, Parkland and Faubourg residences.[:]Read More
[:en]Welcome to the latest issue of Connections! This is the perfect time of year to reflect on all we have to be thankful for, and it is clear that many of you enjoy the opportunity to recognize and express gratitude for each other all year round.[:]Read More
[:en]The July issue of Connections is now available! With so many fun activities happening on our campuses during the spring and summer, its pages are full of smiles and great stories about our great people and the wonderful residents that inspire us every day.[:]Read More
[:en]We are very proud to present this very special edition of Connections to commemorate our 30th anniversary. This edition features milestones and stories from the past 30 Great Years.[:]Read More
[:en]The December issue of Connections is now available! With the holiday season fast approaching, this issue is filled with many examples of the spirit of giving.[:]Read More
[:en]This issue is filled with amazing things happening at sites all across our organization. Read about the opening of our newest campus, Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, new construction projects in Miramichi and Etobicoke, Ontario, an update on Parkland Antigonish an some great renovations at Parkland Clayton Park.[:]Read More
- Great Connections – Connecting Across Generations
- Great Connections – Great People: Spotlight on Lisa Snodgrass
- The Winter 2019 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- Letter to our Valued Community: Parkstone Enhanced Care
- Update for Debert Court and Victoria Way (Cedarstone)
- Great Connections – Have your heard of the Peabody Cafe?
- Great Connections Holidays Launched!
- New Content on Shannex.com!
- Great Connections – A moment of reflection: A father’s story
- The Fall 2019 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- NEW: Information added for Mount St. Joseph Move (Miramichi)
- Updates to shannex.com! More Information about long term care added
- The Summer 2019 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- Letter To Our Valued Community – Update 3
- Great Connections: Mending a Broken Wing
- Great Connections: The Magic of Music
- Great Connections: Honey Bunny’s Fluffy Friendship
- Great Connections: The Ambassador of Embassy Hall
- Great Connections: With a Song in Your Heart
- Great Connections: A Visit from Nipper
- Great People make Great Connections: Shannex launches new program
- The Spring 2019 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Shannex Issues Call for Applications for its Resident and Family Advisory Committee
- Letter To Our Valued Community
- Special Edition of Connections Now Available! Celebrating 30 Great Years
- Shannex New Brunswick celebrates opening of newest retirement living community and nursing home
- Report to Community – April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017
- Walk for Alzheimer’s
- Shannex celebrates Canada 150
- Shannex Pathway to Success Bursary Program – Now accepting applications!
- National Volunteer Week
- Shannex Pathway to Success Bursary program with NSCC
- Team Shannex supports Coldest Night of the Year
- The April 2017 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- The December 2016 Issue of Connections is Now Available!
- RESCHEDULED: Parkland at the Lakes – Phase 2 hosts job fair Dec. 12
- Report to Community – April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016
- Shannex Celebrates Pride in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- Shannex and Sisters of Saint Martha work on a solution together
- The July 2016 issue of Connections is Now Available
- Doctor Bill Thomas and the Age of Disruption
- Grand Opening of Regent Hall
- First Annual Awards Gala
- Celebrating Client Services Week
- Celebrating NAOSH Week at Shannex
- Shannex Joins the Conversation
- Report to Community, April 1, 2014 – March 31, 2015
- Talk About Health at Parkland at the Gardens
- Université de Moncton Develops Land through Innovative Partnership with Shannex
- Shannex celebrates National Infection Control Week
- The October 2015 Issue of Connections is now available